Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Friday, October 15, 2021

Slade Signed Sodeinde For Hereford In October 2019

 

Russell Slade was the Hereford manager who brought in Victor Sodeinde to Edgar Street in October 2019.

At the time Sodeinde was with Nottingham Forest. His loan was extended at the New Year but he returned to his parent club late in January 2020.

A look back to October 30th 2019:

Hereford have added to their squad by signing Victor Sodeinde on a month-long loan deal from Nottingham Forest.
The 19-year-old has experience of playing in the National League with Maidstone United and has been part of a Forest side who are top of their Under-23 League.
“Victor is a strong player” said Hereford manager Russell Slade, as reported on the club's official website.
"He can play in any of the three positions up top, he’s powerful, quick, effective and has a good physical presence.
“He’s another player who is a bit different to what we’ve got here at the moment and I’m really looking forward to seeing what he can do for us.”
Sodeinde added: “I’ve had a good start to the season at Nottingham Forest, we’re top of the U23 league, I scored recently so I’m in good form.
“I’m looking forward to getting going and seeing what I can achieve.
"I’ve played in the National League, so I know this sort of level. I adapted quickly whilst I was at Maidstone and I’m looking to adapt just as quickly here as well.
“I’m really looking forward to playing here, I trained with the lads last night, it was freezing cold, but it was a good session! I think I fitted in well, it’s a great group of lads.
“I like playing off the defender’s shoulder, getting in behind the back four and I like to think I’ve got a knack of scoring goals.”