Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Third Goal For Dan Smith

Dan Smith Looks Towards The Hereford Bench After Scoring

After a slow start Hereford striker Dan Smith seems to have got into goal scoring mode. His header against Leamington this afternoon increased his tally to three.

"It's good to get another one, three in three," said Smith in his post match interview.

"I look forward to getting another one at York and get the team a few more points on board.

"I think first half we got drawn into the way they were playing  so I think it was good that we came out and showed our football and showed what we could do second half.

"I think I had one cleared off the line, Ollie had another cleared off the line and I think Ben in the first half as well had one cleared off the line so we did get in there."

Smith was asked about the performance of the referee.

"I don't think he had a great performance but I don't know at this level if they do a lot of the time because it's what it is and even at the high levels they make mistakes. I think you just have to accept it and I think that's what the gaffer said at half time and you just have to try and put it to the side going into the second half and focus on what we want to focus on and I think we did that well.

"I think second half we tried to get the tempo down even when there were fouls even if we were putting it in the box. Even the goal, short corner, got it in early, worked something well.

"Maziar got a good ball in, Harry did well getting the ball in quick as well so I think it helped second half as well.

"Everyone kept going, subs that came on did really well as well and to be fair everyone was properly together today, nothing negative even when we were 1-0 down, there wasn't anything negative, we were all behind each other believing we would get something out of the game."

Three in three for you, you must be happy with your goal ratio?

"I'm hoping to get a few more, going to York Tuesday and hopefully get one or two more and get a few more points.

"I think they are a good team but I think we fancy ourselves away from home, going there and getting a good result." 

 BN note - there has been some debate over the number of goals Smith has scored. It now appears that one of the goals at Lymington which was originally credited to Miles Storey should have been given to Smith who it seems had the last touch.