Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, June 17, 2021

Dover Chairman Hits Out At FA

Dover chairman Jim Parmenter has hit out at the FA after they rejected his appeal against a £40,000 fine and 12 point deduction for failing to play fixtures and putting their squad on furlough.

Parmenter had been back-rolling Dover for several seasons but had decided not to invest further. The club might have been able to take out a loan but Parmenter didn't want to.

Then the FA questioned why Parmenter couldn't continue to support the club.

"What it highlights is it’s not truly an independent system and the system’s failed here," said Parmenter as reported by KentOnline.

"I definitely believe that. I was surprised and disappointed by the result, but I was quite angered by the written reasons... The fact we weren’t able to project the next five years when we were in the middle of a pandemic doesn’t seem to me to be relevant.

'The suggestion my personal financial information should have been made public in order to support our case when we’re dealing with a football club that’s a limited company should be a warning to anybody that’s thinking of investing in a football club or supporting a football club financially, because it seems the FA deem it their right to decide how much you should be putting into a club and how much you shouldn’t, and I’m frankly disgusted by that.

'We’ve had to cut our budget. Despite suggestions to the contrary, we’re going to be on probably 50 per cent of the budget we had last year but this is Dover and we’ll be fighting like hell next season. We’re going to start with a 12-point deduction but that’s something for us to target and aim at and try and get over.

'I think it’s commonly thought that we’ve been treated quite badly, and unfairly, and I still hold that true. I think the football system has failed us, I think the FA have failed us and I think the general public and the town and the area need to get behind the club to show they think we’ve been unfairly treated'.