Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, May 16, 2021

I Want To Learn My Trade At Hereford

 

Josh Gowling has been in the spotlight recently with several newspaper features about him and also being on BT Sport as a pundit. And next Saturday he will be at Wembley. But he has told BBC Hereford and Worcester that he sees his job at Hereford as an opportunity to learn his trade.

"I took over and there was a project. I've done nothing yet, let's be real about it," said Gowling.

"Yes we were 12th in the league with games, three points off the play-offs with five games in hand but I've done nothing yet.

"I'm new, I still have a lot to prove, I'm sure I've got a lot to prove to a lot of the fans, I've got to a lot to prove to myself. That takes time.

"This is a big football club. I don't want to be here for five games and jump and go to another football club.

"I want to learn my trade here. I want to be in an environment that enables me to learn and progress to be a better manager. 

"I want to have a project where I can build a football club not just on the pitch but off the pitch and so help build the business as well. 

"And Hereford has enabled me to do that."