Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, April 04, 2021

Keeper Paul White Interview

Hereford goalkeeper Paul White has been interviewed by 'Breakthrough Football'

A couple of the questions were about Hereford.

Who has been your favourite manager to play for throughout your career so far and why?
 
"Would probably have to say my current gaffer at Hereford, Josh Gowling. We have an open and honest relationship with no sugar coating anything which I love, you always know where you stand and can speak about anything. The environment that we have created at the club is based around hard work and meticulous preparation which I enjoy. The style of football that we want to play, and the core values of the team are in line with how I see the game."
 
What persuaded you to sign for Hereford in the first place?
 
"I had a chance to go on loan to Hereford many years ago from Forest Green when Hereford were making their way back up the leagues which I turned down and I regretted it. When given the chance again I didn’t want to make that mistake again. The club doesn’t need selling, brilliant stadium, ambitious, huge fan base and rich in history. It was a no brainer as reverting to morning training makes a huge difference to me as I can run my businesses away from football."

Just how good was the feeling of reaching Wembley to play in the FA Trophy final with Hereford?
 
"Amazing feeling. It’s every footballers dream to get to Wembley and players with far greater careers then me will have never been able to get there so I feel incredibly lucky! Obviously, it’s frustrating as I want to be out on the pitch, but the lads were amazing and I’m buzzing for the fans to get this bit of happiness in what has been a tough year for everyone worldwide."
 
Finally, what are your ambitions for the new season with Hereford?
 
"Our squad motto is “This Year Only” so at the moment all focus is towards the final in May. I’m out of contract in the summer so once things settle down, we will sit down with the gaffer, have a chat about my personal situation and then plan for next season."

Full interview:  https://breakthroughfootball.weebly.com/qa-with-paul-white.html