Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Wembley Or Furlough Says Woking Manager

Woking manager Alan Dawson has said that if his team doesn't beat Hereford in the semi-final of the FA Trophy on March 27th he will consider putting his squad into furlough.

"It's the only thing that matters," boss Alan Dowson told BBC Surrey.

"If we want to have their Wembley dream like I do and I'm sure they do they should up their game next week. If they don't, I'll put the whole squad on furlough."

Woking are 18th in the National League. Last night they draw 1-1 at home against Altrincham.

"It's been a horrendous year, except for the cup run, it's the worst season I've had in 15 years," Dowson said.

"Let's get the cards on the table, we'll have a clean sweep next season.

"If we don't get through then the players know how I think. I've got some young players and talent that could come into the team but it depends on next week."