Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, November 14, 2020

All Round Performance Was Excellent Said Burr

 

Hereford FC's assistant manager Steve Burr thought this afternoon's performance at Blyth Spartans was excellent. The Bulls won the game 3-0 with two goals for Tom Owen-Evans and one for Lenell John-Lewis. He also revealed that two players had left the club.

"Excellent afternoon, not just first half but second half, I thought we played some really good football today," said Burr as reported by BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"It was nice to get in amongst the goals which is important but I thought the all round performance today was excellent.

"I thought some of our build up play today and some of our overall play and obviously in that final third we finished things off which was important.

"I thought all three (midfield) were outstanding and we went with two lads up top Kelsey and Lenell and Toe floating around for us.

"It would be unfair really to single anybody out today because I think as a team we were  very good.

"It was nice to see us creating a lot of chances. Probably if I'm being over critical we should have won by a lot more.

"It's always difficult coming to Blyth. You know that they will never give up, they will always keep coming at you so 2-0 at half time it was one of those where we needed to keep focused and go and win the second half which we did.

"It gives you confidence when you win matches. I think the problem so far we've played four games and you need a bit of momentum and a bit of a run.

"Things are out of our control with games sometimes called off but there's not a lot you can do about that but  we just can't wait for Tuesday now, the Gloucester game, so if we can biuld that momentum up and hope, with fingers crossed, we can get through our games, there's a lot more to come from the team.

"You look for your strikers to get goals because that's what they are paid to do but it's also important to get goals from other areas. I want to see my centre halves getting on the end of corners and scoring and chipping in with goals as I do the midfielders.

"Strikers want to score themselves, I know what it was like as a striker myself you always want to be amongst the goals but it's important goals come from all areas of the park if you want to be successful.

Tom Owen Evans seemed on top of his game today?

"He was today yes, we work on things in training but the young lads like Toe, Kelsey and Finny they still have to establish themselves at this level and if we can go on and get this club into the Conference Premiership, which we would like to do, obviously there's a lot of hard work to be done before we can think of that.

"We work with the young lads in the side, Kenny has come in today and he's done well.

"As I said earlier it's unfair to single anyone out today but if I did it would be Dan Jones , I thought he was like a left winger for us today and that's how we want out full backs today.

"It probably wasn't a bad time to come to Blyth, the pitch was good. I've been here later on in the season and it's been quite an uneven surface.

"I think it was important todaythat we just got back playing, put a good performance in  and with that  brought the right result for us."

It's Gloucester on Tuesday, again behind closed doors.

"I think all round the country that fans can't see their own team. I know they can see it on the streaming but it's not the same, it's not like being at the game, home or way.

"Ah, we've just got to be greatful we are playing football and we are happy that today the game was on, there are games again today that have been called off.

"Fingers crossed nothing comes between us and  Tuesday and we do play."