Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Monday, December 30, 2019

Craig Mawson Joins Manchester United

Former Hereford United goalkeeper Craig Mawson has joined Manchester United to work with David de Gea.

Mawson had been goal keeping coach at Burnley.

"Burnley has been a big part of my life and I have built a real affinity with the club,” said Mawson as reported by Burnley FC.

“I thoroughly enjoyed all my time there as a player and a coach, and I am extremely grateful to Billy Mercer and all the Academy staff I have worked with.

"I would like to thank them for everything they have done for me and for the perfect grounding they have provided me with.
"But this was an opportunity that I couldn’t let pass. To have this chance to work in a senior position at a club of Manchester United’s standing is a fantastic opportunity and one I’m delighted to take.
“I am looking forward to working with Richard Hartis, the coaches, staff and players.  This is an exciting time for the club and I am delighted to be part of that.”

 Mawson was with Hereford United from 2004 to 2006.