Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, September 29, 2019

We Had To Grind It Out Said Nicholson


Interviewed after yesterday 1-0 win over Kettering, goalscorer Jordan Nicholson admitted that Hereford 'had to grind it out' to get the win.

"I thought it was a tough game," he said.

"We had to grind it out. I think we were really disciplined throughout and it was good to get the three points."

A lot of work still to be done?

"We are learning week by week and I think that in time that will come."

Nicholson scored the only goal of the game. 

"It was a nice finish, I'll have to look back and see what it was like.

"It was a good pass by Brad (Ash), he put it in nice and early and so I was able to open up and I could have gone either way but I was always going on the left."


It's three wins in a row for the Bulls.

"It's all about momentum, winning games and that's exactly what we are doing at the minute.

"They came here, they are a tough team to play against but I thought our shape was much better today and we got the points in the end."

Kettering sacked their manager last week and former Hereford United captain Luke Graham is one of two interim managers now in charge.

"Everyone has something to prove when there are new gaffers and they looked as though they were up for it right from the beginning but we dug deep and got three points."

Keith Hall then asked what Nicholson thought was Hereford's best strike force?

"It doesn't bother me, I think you look throughout the team and we've got great depth no matter who plays. I'm just happy to be playing and doing well for the team.

"There's big competition but like we always say for a squad to be up there fighting for it that's important and that's exactly what we've got throughout. All the boys who are not playing or not involved are all around us and that's good to see.

"We take one game at a time, small blocks, but that (play-offs) is the aim."

Hereford are ninth in the table and a win at Leamington on Tuesday would lift them to sixth. However, somewhat surprisingly, Leamington draw 3-3 at Chester yesterday.

"Another big game, back to back, quick one so it's important that we prepare right and ready for Tuesday.

"In this league anyone can beat anyone if you turn up on the day.

"We've done well today and we need to make sure that we go there and do the job on Tuesday."

Nicholson is Hereford's top scorer with four. Has he got a target?

"You've said this to me before, if I hit it I'll tell you!"

He had a couple of other chances to score.

"If there's a chance to shoot I'll definitely take it.

"The keeper saved one or two."