Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, July 29, 2019

Leamington captain axed 'after breaking teammate's nose'

Leamington captain Tony Breeden has been released by the club after he reportedly broke teammate Jack Edwards' nose following a training ground bust-up.

Edwards was forced to sit out Saturday’s friendly win over West Bromwich Albion Under-23s, while Breeden’s place in goal was taken by trialist.

A statement reads: “The club can confirm that goalkeeper and captain Tony Breeden has left the club following an incident at training last week.
“We have mutually agreed the termination of his contract with Tony accepting that his conduct fell well short of accepted behaviour.
“He leaves the Brakes after three spells at the club in which he has amassed close to 300 appearances.”
Meanwhile, Breeden tweeted: “Officially left Leamington, not how I wanted to but down to my poor actions.
“Good luck in the future and sorry to fans, staff and players who I’ve (let) down. I know you all held me in high regard and the support I received literally weekly from you all made me feel so proud to represent your club. Good luck.”