Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Bulls Looked Fitter Than Robins Thought Duff

Cheltenham manager Michael Duff felt Hereford looked fitter than Hereford in tonight's 2-2 draw at Edgar Street.

Duff thought the game was 'bitty'.

"We were good in patches with the ball.

"It is fitness. That's Hereford's fifth game and they are probably a bit ahead of us regards fitness and you probably did see that in the second half. 

"We gave two poor goals away. I thought there was some good football played between that. It's just physically we didn't compete as well as I'd have liked against then as regards to coming out of tackles and things like that." 

Hereford's second goal, scored by Cullinane-Liburd, came from a corner.

"We have done no work on set plays, so I'll take responsibility for that. 

"I have told them I will, as that's not the important part of pre-season yet, but when the ball is chipped in our six yard box I expect one of my players to go and head it. It's a two way street and a bit my fault, it was a disappointing goal, as their first was. Although I did think there was a stonewall free-kick in the build-up to it."