Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Buxton At Home On Monday April 1st Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, February 17, 2019

Interesting Encounter With Ricky George

Ricky George Pictured In 2017
Jim White, the Telegraph columnist, recently met Ricky George the former Hereford United player. George scored the winning goal in Hereford's world famous FA Cup game against Newcastle in 1972.

White, a panalist on yesterday's BBC Five Live's Fighting Talk, spoke about the 'interesting encounter'.

"I do some work for a charity that supports theatre in prison and I went to watch a show.

"I was sitting there in the audience in amongst all the prisoners and get a tap on the shoulder.

"I turned round and there's this guy and he says 'I know you'.

"I said I don't think so.

"You interviewed me once.

"No, no, no. you're mistaken, I'm not a policeman.

"No, no you interviewed me once.

"And it was Ricky George. Do you remember Hereford United's winning goal in 1972. He's inside now.

"I'd been told before beforehand that etiquette is you don't ask them what they are inside for.

"So we had this converstaion that went round in circles, him asking me what I was doing there but me not able to ask him what he was doing there

"Anyway I came out and the first thing I did was to Goggle it and found out that he's in for money laundering.

"Anyway I'm going to visit him on Friday so I'll find out."