Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Friday, January 11, 2019

Horsell Leaves Hereford After ‘Frustrating Time’


Goalkeeper Martin Horsell has left Edgar Street by mutual consent, saying it's frustrating he hasn't played for Hereford since  October. 

Horsell leaves the club by 'mutual content', having been with the Bulls since December 2015. But the 32-year-old says he's enjoyed his time at Edgar Street, but there's no hard feeling between him and Matt Yates, who's come in on loan.

"I've had an amazing three years here at Edgar Street," Horsell said. 

"Without a doubt they have been the best years of my footballing career and deciding to leave has been a very tough decision. However it is one that I have thought long and hard over, and at this stage in my career, I really want to be playing first-team football.

"Matt Yates came in after my concussion and although it's been a frustrating time for me, having not played since October, there's no hard feelings between myself and him. I wish the whole squad the very best for the future and hope they go on to do well for the remainder of the season.

"I'd like to thank everyone involved in my time here; the management, the players and the staff over the past three years, but most importantly a big thank you to the fans who have been absolutely incredible. To hear the fans chanting 'Horsell is Superman' is an absolute privilege and my time here is one that I will look back on fondly."

Head of Football Tim Harris says he knows fans will be disappointed but reiterated that the club won't stand in the way of players who want to move on. 

Harris said: "Martin is obviously a very well-liked player, and we understand that supporters will be disappointed that he has decided to leave, however, Martin feels that he needs to be playing football week in week out. 

"We certainly respect his decision and have no intention of standing in his way as he looks for a return to regular football."