Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Thursday, September 27, 2018

I'm Young And Vibrant Said Nicholson


32 year old Kevin Nicholson is one name who some Hereford supporters feel may have applied for the position of head coach at Edgar Street. When just 29 he was the youngest ever coach to gain his UEFA Pro Licence.

Last June he spoke to Wales Online about his time at Cardiff City and then Bangor. Previously he spent time at Exeter and Derby.

"The Bangor opportunity then came about at the beginning of May 2017, they were looking for someone with the UEFA Pro licence going into a Europa League campaign and they wanted to challenge TNS for the title, or at least get close.

"I loved my time at Bangor, really enjoyed working there and I built a strong relationship with the fans and the local media.

"What that's done is make me hungry to develop as a coach and as a leader.

"After I left Cardiff I was very open minded and I thought Bangor was a good opportunity at the time for me. I'm still open minded about what comes next.

"It was really nice to get so many kind messages from people at Bangor, supporters and players. I was flattered by that. I won't forget those relationships that I built.

"At Cardiff I was proud of what I achieved. During my time there we had players like Tom James, who is now doing very well at Yeovil and attracting interest from some big clubs, David Tutonda who has gone out and played regularly in the Football League and Rollin Menayese who has played for Bristol Rovers and Swindon in the last season.

"My desire to remain in coaching or management is as strong as ever. I'm young, vibrant and I've got lots of enthusiasm and energy."