Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Some Chester Players Told To 'Rip Your Contracts Up’

Chester joint-manager Anthony Johnson says he was embarrassed after his side were thrashed 8-1 by Blyth Spartans yesterday.

Chester were already 4-0 down when they had a man sent off 14 minutes into the second half at Blyth.

Gary Stopforth did manage to find the back of the net for the Blues, but it was nothing more than a mere consolation.

Speaking after the game, Anthony Johnson, who won the National League North title with Salford City last season was furious with his players.

“I’ve never been involved with anything like that in my life," said Johnson, as reported by the Chester Chronicle.

"The supporters probably never had, for all the bad results that they’ve had through the years. What can you say except for embarrassing?

"I’m shaking, I’m that mad. I’ve never seen anything like it in my life.

"It’s important that they understand what’s just happened. We conceded seven against Liverpool’s first team and we’ve just conceded eight goals, and it could have been more in actual fact.

"We’ve got a game on Tuesday, but one or two need to understand what’s happened. I’ve just gone in there and I’ve said to one or two of them ‘rip your contracts up and leave the football club’ because after that performance, I wouldn’t dare turn up again.

"I feel the same about myself, to be honest with you. I’m embarrassed to be able walk out there on Tuesday night in front of however many people are going to be there – I feel embarrassed about it, so God knows what one or two of them are thinking."

Chester entertain Kidderminster Harriers on Tuesday evening, with the Worcestershire side yet to pick up three points after drawing their first three games of the campaign.