Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, August 04, 2018

Good All-Round Performance Today Said White




Harry White made his league debut for Hereford FC this afternoon against Blyth Spartans. He opened the scoring and later was made the sponsors man of the match.

Afterwards he spoke to the local media. He was first asked had he enjoyed the game?

"Loved it, loved it, especially the first half. But the second half was a blow! It was great.

"I was really positive going into it after what I'd seen in pre-season. We're a creative bunch and I knew I'd get some chances.

"I think we dominated the first half. We deserved our lead.

"Second half we were a bit tired and we let them have a bit of the ball especially with the heat today but it was a good all-round performance today. 

"Beads and Jenks had got us pressing from the off and we delivered that in the first ten minutes. They were giving a lot of the ball back and we could camp in their third. We were agressive when pressing and I hope we can continue that all season."

White had an early chance to score.

"It was a header. Probably should have hit the target then I had the rebound. Often I like to get a chance early in the game because I know I'm going to get a few more. Then I had the one just after which was great."

White praised the midfield.

"The three in the middle were solid winning the ball back. They must have won every second ball today. Then when they get it wide and create so much for me, I'll always gamble because I know they've got the quality to deliver the right ball."

Blyth were 10th last year in National North.

"We're not getting ahead of ourselves but when you win 3-0 on the first day of the season you are going to be buzzing, especially when you think they were pushing for play-offs nearly all season. 

"So it's a great start, we're obviously really happy with the win but we must go into every game with the same attitude as we just did and try and win every game."

How much weight did you lose today in the heat?

"I think I lost about .5kg, I'm going to try and not eat now as I'd like to lose a bit more but it's the heat, a couple of lads have lost nearly a kilogram so the heat does take its toll on player's weight."

The win must give the players confidence.

"I love the start with a lot of games, but we must recover right because they do come thick and fast so we go onto Tuesday."

White talked through his goal.

"The ball was in the box bouncing around and I just pulled out because I knew there was a bit of space so I was waiting for a flick maybe. It came to Jordan (Liburn) and he gave it to me with my back to goal. 



"I managed to get between the two defenders. For some reason I had so much space, I couldn't believe how much space I had so I just pulled the trigger. It was great to celebrate in front of all those fans.



"It was a big relief to see it go in because you want to get your first goal out of the way and then celebrating in front of the fans was a great feeling. Something I won't forget."

White was with Chester last season. How is he finding Hereford?

"It was a tough season last year, in the relegation zone, limited chances with playing time as well.

"Coming down here is such a breath of fresh air, it's great.

"The Gaffer and Jenks have got it set up perfectly, working on the right things, the lads are great and I'm really positive about what we can do this season"