Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Friday, July 20, 2018

Ryan Green Feature On Wales Online


 

There's a great feature about Hereford FC's Ryan Green published on Wales Online this morning.

Green has picked out six of the best moments of his career which he talks about on video.

But just as interesting he speaks about his early days having been brought up in Cardiff. He admits it was a rough area and he was getting into a bit of trouble until his Mum stepped in and told him to move to Wolverhampton.

A year later he was playing for Wales.

"I'd gone from school getting kicked out at 15 and then a year and a half later I'm playing for Wales with the legends like Gary Speed and Dean Saunders," he says.

Could Green has played at a higher level?

"Was I good enough for The Premier League? Possibly if I had my head right when I was younger.

"My mind was on partying as much as it was football so that's a massive downside to most of my career.

"That's down to myself but I've had a fantastic career and I've enjoyed every minute of it."

Injury problems didn't help. Neither did clubbing as Green moved from one team to another. Finally he moved to Hereford United.

Today he is playing for Hereford FC. With three promotions and a trip to Wembley he's once again enjoying his football.

"Seeing that many Hereford fans at Wembley brought a tear to my eye - I'm not even sure there are 20,000 people in Hereford.

"I owe a lot to them. We respect each other."

The full article can be read at: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-greens-story-how-life-14922642