Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, July 03, 2018

From The Archives - Purdie Joins Shrewbury


Today Bulls News looks back to this day in 2012 when it was announced Purdie had left Hereford to sign for Shrewsbury Town.

After that, Purdie returned to Hereford United for their final season in the Conference. Another spell at Edgar Street was on the cards for Purdie when he was one of the first signings announced by Pete Beadle after the club reformed.

The utility-man then stayed with the club until his retirement this summer.

Purdie Joins Shrewsbury


Purdie - signed 'live'
Bulls' Player of the Year Rob Purdie has joined Shrewsbury.

The 29 year old leaves the Bulls for a second time after collecting the award. He played 36 times for the Bulls last term, passing the 200 appearance mark for the Bulls.

Purdie told his Twitter followers:

"So now that it's out there I wanna say it wasn't an easy decision this season but something I couldn't turn down after my last chance to play in League 1 got taken away from me through injury. I've always wanted to test myself as high as I can in my career. I would like to think that most can wish me as much luck as I was HUFC this season. 

"Also I believe the appointment of Martin Foyle is a very good one and I thank him for his offer which in a year or 2 would of been perfect for me, I think he will do well and hopefully get Hereford back on track I'm looking forward to the new season now and hope that both teams achieve what they can. 

"And thanks for everyones support over my time at Hereford, all 6 and a half seasons and I have been and would continue to be proud to wear the Hereford shirt. It has meant a lot to me."