Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Monday, July 30, 2018

Blyth Manager Short Of A Centre-Half


Blyth manager Alun Armstrong has said that he is hoping to bring in a centre-half in advance of Saturday's National North League game at Edgar Street.

He is likely to give at least four of his summer signings, Alex Nicholson, Jamie Holmes, Kieran Green and Bradley Fewster, debuts against Hereford but feels he still needs extra players

“All I will say to the Blyth fans is that I am working hard,” Armstrong told his OS.

“I’m trying to get people in to boost the squad. They [the fans] just have to help us as much as they can by getting behind the lads.

“We’re still looking for a few players ourselves – I think everyone knows that. I’ve been battling out for three months now trying to get a centre-half in.

“It’s just really difficult but I’ve got to keep going and hopefully I’ll get a couple in, in time for Saturday but it doesn’t give me much time to work with the lads.

 “We’ll do ok this season. I will say to the fans: don’t get too worried about it. We are working hard and I will not stop working hard but they’ve got to help us by getting behind us.”

Armstrong isn't a fan of pre-season.

“I’ve said before I’m not a big fan of pre-season games. That’s the thing in pre-season, I’ve never had the full squad yet.

“That’s what I get frustrated about in pre-season for part-time clubs, you never get to work with what is going to be your full team in pre-season.

“That’s the frustrating thing but it’s about getting minutes for the lads and getting them as fresh as they can be.

“It’s just frustrating how you can’t get everyone together. We haven’t got a bad squad when everyone is here. I know we’re short but it’s something I’m working on.”