Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Monday, January 01, 2018

Haysham 'Glad To Be Back' In Hereford's Starting Eleven



It's not been the easiest of seasons for Pablo Haysham but he's pleased to be back in the Hereford starting eleven and this afternoon he scored two cracking goals in their 5-2 win over Redditch.

Afterwards he spoke to BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"I think we worked hard throughout the game," said Haysham.

"It was tough today especially after a disappointing game at Merthyr, nice to pick up the three points.

"We are always disappointed if we go behind but there was a good reaction from everybody.

"We did well for the next ten minutes and it was good to get back into the game."

A poor mistake allowed Redditch to score their second goal.

"It was a mistake and they happen. Preston will be disappointed, he's a great player and he can offer a lot to this team. I will give him a lot of credit for bouncing back, it can be a difficult thing to do."

However two more goals for Hereford close to half-time.

"It was an important time to score. At 4-2 it relaxed us a little bit. We went in with the mentality that if we didn't make any mistakes and we didn't, everyone was excellent second half."

Haysham then described Hereford's fifth goal which was quite comical to watch.

"Preen did well down the side and got himself a chance which came off the post. There was no shot, it just happened to bounce off John Mills but he'll be happy."

Both of Haysham's goal were quality said Trevor Owens who interviewed the Hereford player. 

"Maybe I don't score as many as I could but I think when I score they  are not bad! 

"It was nice for me personally as it's been difficult. I've been in and out of the side. there's been set-backs throughout with a number of things, injuries and other things going on but I feel really good now, I feel I'm back to my best. I've worked hard to get my place after being disappointed at the start of the year.

"I'm glad to be back."