Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Hill Scores On His Home Debut


Hill Celebrates His Goal
On loan striker Gethin Hill made his home debut for Hereford yesterday in front of a gate of 3366.

Afterwards he spoke to Keith Hall for BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"To score on my debut at home was brilliant," said Hill.

"They didn't have many shots on goal, maybe just the free-kick which went in.

"We should have gone on and scored a second or a first earlier.

"It was a brilliant pass from Jimmy Oates, it just dropped and svilled and straight in.

"They are a good team with good players. They always do well in this league but I feel we should have got more from the game.

"I think we can go on and do well.

"There were not too many heavy fouls going in, people trying to win over the referee at times but you are going to get that. The referee didn't do too bad to be fair.

"I think we can do a lot better. Today wasn't the greatest performance all round.

"They went a man down but we couldn't get that second chance.

"My fitness levels are coming. Today I felt a lot better. Two games in three days is always going to be tough but I got through the ninety minutes.

"Hopefully now get involved for Saturday in the FA Cup. If I can that will be brilliant."

Hill's loan deal is, at present, just for a month.

"I'd like to see how it goes. I'm enjoying being here, training is really good.

"I want to push on and play at as high a level as possible. I'm not sure, we'll see how it goes.

"First time I've really played a league game like this in front of a crowd like this. Everything I expected. They got behind us when we were 1-0 down."