Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Monday, August 07, 2017

Former Player News


A couple of items about former Hereford United players.

Harry Pell has reportedly turned down a £200,000 move to Blackpool from Cheltenham.

"I have spent the day discussing terms and listening to what they had to say at Blackpool and I have decided that given all the factors, the right decision for my family and I was to turn their offer down and remain at Cheltenham," said Pell as reported by GloucestershireLive.

Tyler Weir has been made captain of Worcester City. It's understood he has taken a pay cut to remain with the club who will take part in the Midland Premier Division this season.

"It's a big honour to captain the club," said Weir as reported by the Worcester News.

"We've got some big characters in the team so when Snapper and Lee asked me to be captain I was buzzing, and will take it with both hands.

"I want to get the club back to where we belong.

"I've been here for four years now and the club means something to me. I don't like losing and I want the other lads to be the same, then we will be going places."