Next Game: Preseason Friendly - Newport County At Edgar Street on Saturday 21th July at 3.00pm

Friday, July 21, 2017

From The Archives - Bulls Win At Telford

Hereford FC travel to Telford tomorrow for a pre-season friendly. It's over four years since a Hereford team played at the New Bucks. Here's a look back.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Clucas double spurs Bulls to victory

Two goals from player of the year Sam Clucas together with strikes by Marlon Jackson and Josh “goal machine” O’Keefe saw The Bulls comprehensively defeat already relegate Telford at The New Bucks Head this afternoon.

Martin Foyle made one change from the side that was robbed of a result against, now, champions Mansfield with Rod McDonald replacing Stefan Stam who dropped to the bench.  Former Bulls Ryan Valentine, Dan Preston and Stephen Leslie started for The Bucks.

Sam Clucas made a darting run down the left to deliver a cross that was intercepted just before it reached Ryan Bowman who was well positioned at the back post.  Chris Bush’s forward ball forced a corner from which Marley Watkins’ flag kick produced a fine Luke Graham header that was cleared upfield. 
Watkins was fouled 40 yards from goal but Bush’s free kick failed to create a threat.  Indecision between O’Keefe and Joe Connor almost created a chance for the hosts but the shot went wide for a goal kick.  A Bush long throw from the left sailed straight into the arms of keeper Ryan Young. 
Telford Keeper Ryan Young Gathers Chris Bush's Long Throw. Alongside is Rod McDonald

Aaron Williams sliced a shot wide of the target and Marco Adaggio lifted one well over as the hosts showed commendable intent in the early stages.
Bowman released Chris Sharp and he made good ground on the right before delaying his cross and when a second opportunity presented itself the cross was cleared.  Telford were having their share of the play with James O’Neil up top and Phil Trainer as the spare man in midfield.  Valentine, playing on the right of defence, played a ball into the heart of the Bulls’ penalty area which was blocked out by McDonald and when the midfield were slow to react, Adaggio nipped in to fire just over Bittner’s crossbar. 
Former Telford Striker Chris Sharp Getting Verbal Grief From Salmon And Young
Sharp was unfairly impeded on the right and Young tipped Clucas’ free kick round the post.  From the impending corner, Chris Sharp was harshly carded for reacting to some playful shirt pulling by the home keeper.  Then The Bulls took the lead on 40 minutes.
Marley Watkins switched wings with Clucas to deliver a far post cross which Sam met with a header that could only be partially stopped by Young and Clucas was alert to the possibility enabling him to follow up with a close range tap in.

Keeper Beaten As Clucas Watches His Tap In Go Over The Line
A shot from Williams brought Bittner into the action before Sharp was penalised for a challenge on Adaggio from which Leslie fired wide of the target.
HT Telford 0 Bulls 1
Hereford were swiftly out of the blocks in the second period adding to their goal tally just a few minutes after the restart.  Marley Watkins fed Bowman who, in turn, slipped the ball to Sam Clucas.  Sam dropped a shoulder before dragging the ball to the side and firing low past the keeper from 12 yards.
Former Bull Ryan Valentine Looks On As Clucas Scores His Second Goal Of The Game
Chris Sharp rolled off a defender to make space for a shot, which was cleared at the expense of a corner before Ryan Bowman made way for Marlon Jackson on 50 minutes.
Watkins picked up a bang on the ankle and was replaced by Smikle then Bush’s free kick found O’Keefe in an advanced position but his lay-off was stabbed wide by Sharp.  The Bulls added to their tally on 62 minutes.
Marlon Jackson showed good persistence working his way across the edge of he box before turning between two defenders and firing home from 15 yards.
Marlon Jackson Gets Past Two Defenders To Score Hereford's Third
A diagonal ball from Jackson almost put Smikle in but the Bulls’ substitute produced a telling contribution in the build up to the fourth goal twenty minutes before the end.
Smikle’s good work on the right preceded a cross to the marauding Sam Clucas and the keeper only parried his shot with Josh O’Keefe on hand to force home from close range.
A Very Happy Brain Smikle With Scorer Josh O'Keefe In The Middle Of The Group
Joe Connor and substitute Joe Heath (on for Chris Sharp) both put in dangerous crosses before Bittner went full length to deny Spray.  Marlon Jackson had a reasonable chance to add to the lead but his effort from Joe Heath’s flick sailed high over the bar to the disappointment of the impressive 464 Bulls fans in a crowd of 2102.
FT Telford 0 Bulls 4
Hereford: Bittner; Connor, Graham, McDonald, Bush, Watkins (Smikle 55), O’Keefe, James, Clucas, Bowman (Jackson 50), Sharp (Heath 66). Subs not used: Gallinagh, Stam.
Telford:Young, Adaggio, Preston (Spray 74), Salmon, Valentine, Bennett (Jones 70), Rooney (Bradley 70), Trainer, Leslie, O’Neill, Williams. 
After a slightly frustrating first half The Bulls took control in the second period and may well have added to their score before the final whistle.  Newcomers Bush and McDonald both played with a maturity that was beyond their years.  Kingsley James cemented his place on fans’ wish-lists while the whole squad should receive a collective pat on the back for a fine team performance.
BN MOM Samual “another season will be just fine” Clucas.