Next Game: Forest Green Rovers at Home on Wednesday 25th July at 7.45pm

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Hereford 3-0 Lads Club

Hereford welcomed Hereford Lads Club to Edgar Street for the first ever fixture between them. Hereford made a few changes from the side that beat Royston on penalties on Saturday with Harris, Franklin, Williams and Huntbach coming into the starting line up. Hereford named 3 men on the bench, one of those included was under 18's striker Greg Preece. 

The HFA County Cup final started slowly as both sides sussed each other out but it was Lads Club who threatened first but the shot was saved easily. Hereford started to come into the game and not long after a Williams shot was put out for a corner by the Lads Club keeper. From the resulting corner John Mills put Hereford in the lead. The Lads Club goalkeeper palmed the corner into the path of Mills who hit his shot at goal but it appeared to take a deflection off a Lads Club player on it's way into the net. 

Hereford started to try and take control on the game and came close again but Symons was unable to get on the end of a Haysham freekick. Lads Club continued to battle and threaten and half way through the half they came close with a header but Harris saved it and then another shot went wide. 

The first half ended with only one goal seperating the clubs as Lads Club kept Hereford from dominating the match.

The second half started in similar fashion as the first with Lads Club having the first chance but their striker's effort went wide. Mills continued to threaten and he had a shot around 10 minutes into the half but it was saved by the keeper. As the half progressed again both sides had chances but were unable to take them. Then Hereford doubled their lead half way through the second half as Symons tapped the ball past the keeper after a Preece header found him. 

Hereford extended the lead with around 10 minutes left after Haysham was brought down and the referee awarded a penalty. Mills sent the keeper the wrong way and dispatched the penalty. 

Then with around 8 minute on the clock the referee awarded another penalty to Hereford after Symons was brought down. The penalty decision was rescinded and a corner was awarded instead. Hereford had one final chance in extra time but substitute Preece's shot went wide.

Final score: Hereford 3-0 Lads Club
Attendance: 1,322

Hereford: Alex Harris, Harry Franklin, Joel Edwards, Bradley Williams, Mark Preece, Jamie Edge, Calvin Dinsley, Rory Huntbach, John Mills (Greg Preece), Pablo Haysham and Mike Symons. Subs not used: Martin Horsell and Mike McGrath

Lads Club: Steven Bell, Gareth Bowley (Jordan Burke), Matt Maturi, Tom Dawson (Danny Moon), Liam Jones, Jamie Cuthbertson (Steve Dixon), Rory Worthing, Zac Sirrell, Dan Herbert, Tom Harding and Kalum Wildig. Subs not used: Chris Gwynne and Kiea Cowley