Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, April 22, 2017

It's Been An Amazing Season Said Oates



Jimmy Oates
Hereford's Player of the Year Jimmy Oates finished off his season with his first league goal this afternoon as well as receiving several player awards afterwards.

"It's been an amazing season," Oates told BN.

"Definitely the favourite season in my life."

Hereford won today's game against Winchester 4-0.

"Phenomenal way to end it. The weather was beautiful for us and the fans were here in massive numbers as usual.

"It was good to finally put in a really good performance.

"Two promotions from two so far, let's hope we can make it three from three next year. We'll be up for the challenge."

As yet Oates is the only player to have agreed a contract for next season.

"I've loved my time here. It couldn't have been any better. I couldn't see myself walking away from here.

"I had to sort out some things with my girl-friend but once that was sorted I put pen to paper."

There had been speculation that Oates had been watched by a couple of scouts recently.

"I don't like to pay attention to all that I just like to play the game and take it as it comes."

Did Oates think the squad needed to be strengthened for next season.

"To win the League the way we have this year shows how strong our squad is. Some of the players that don't play that often could step into the team at any time.

"I think this squad we've got now could definitely do the job but it's up to Beads.

"We must do what we did this year and focus on one game at a time. Go to those difficult places and  make sure you get good results there."

Oates scored his first league goal this afternoon.

"It was good to finally get one."