Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, March 04, 2017

I'm So Disappointed For The Players Said Beadle


Hereford manager Peter Beadle spoke to the media after this afternoon's game at Didcot was abandoned with just a few minutes too go because of crowd trouble with Herefordleading 2-1.

"I thought the lads were immense today," said Beadle.

"And obviously everything that's gone on at the end is probably the most dis-heartening thing because of what the players have put in today.

"We've played 50 minutes before their player was sent off with ten men. I thought we controlled the game throughout with ten men and then to plough away in the manner we did to keep going and then to get ourselves in front, I'm just so disappointed for them.

"Results have gone our way a little bit today and we could have picked up three points today and the season would be nearly over.

"Taunton have dropped points so the gap's still big so with eight games to go we might only need three or four wins. 

"I feel for the players because they've put everything into the 87 minutes we have played today and been fantastic." 

Ryan Green was red carded in the 13th minute - the second time against Didcot and questionable.

"I thought it was harsh. I thought it was a foul, I've watched the video again but I thought there was a foul against McGrath on the halfway line but then the lad has too easily skipped past two players in between that. 

"And when it came to the edge of the box, I thought it was a 50/50 shoulder to shoulder. Obviously Ryan is a strong boy and the lad has gone down, I think they appealed, hoping, and the referee has given it.

"From where I was stood it was I thought it was hard on him.

"Like I said with that happening so early in the game and them scoring straight from it we could have quite easily crumbled, instead we didn't, we galvanised ourselves and I thought they were excellent after that."

There was a similar incident at the other end

"I think the referee will say that the other centre half was close to him which is probably why he only got a booking but in the end he got his come-uppance for his foul on the end of box so he saw red.

"I thought the referee was quite handy with the cards but that's it, we have to stop giving them the opportunity. McGrath getting booked for kicking the ball away, we don't need to do it.

"But I'm really pleased with the players."

Hereford thought Mike Symons had scored the winner but the game might not stand.

"We don't know, we'll wait and see.

"It's disappointing because the lads have done so well. 

"Mike's plugged away all afternoon as he always does and has had chance after chance. Eventually he gets his head on one and it bounces between the keepers legs and goes in.

"Everyone is so ectatic and pleased, the players and supporters are delighted. Unfortuntely what happened after is a shame but we need to wait and see.

"I'm so disappointed for the players and what they put into that game on a difficult surface with a referee who was as handy as he was with cards so everyone is on a tight-rope. I thought they managed it fantastically so I'm really pleased with them.

"Let's just hope in the long run it doesn't affect us too much.