Next Game: Preseason Friendly - Evesham Away on Tuesday 17th July at 7.45pm

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Hereford 4-1 North Leigh

For the visit of John Brough’s North Leigh to Edgar Street this afternoon, one change was made to the side that drew 0-0 at Bideford last weekend. New signing Calvin Dinsley was named on the bench in place of Bradley Williams.

North Leigh, attacking the Blackfriars End in the first half, were quick to test Bulls goalkeeper Alex Harris. A defensive error from Clayton Fortune left George Seacole through on goal, with the sprawling Harris able to force the shot around the post.

From the resulting corner, Hereford half-cleared the ball, but Matt Syscom was able to head home a cross at the far-post to open the scoring with just three minutes on the clock.

The Bulls weren’t behind for long, as John Mills levelled the score six minutes later. After cutting into the box, Mills created a perfect shooting opportunity as he fired home with his left foot.

With 15 minutes on the clock, John Mills came close to grabbing a second for Hereford, but his long-range shot was easily claimed by visiting keeper Lewis Clayton.

With little action since the goals, the Windmill went close in the 30th minute when Michael Hopkins’ snapshot from the edge of the area was palmed away by Harris, before Mark Preece headed the resulting corner clear.

Mark Preece was then in action at the other end of the field, as he gifted Hereford the lead. Mike McGrath’s free kick on the left hand side was headed to Preece in the middle of the box by Mike Symons, as he turned it in.

HT: Hereford 2 – North Leigh 1

With the second half underway, Lewis Clayton was the first of the two keepers to be called into action, smothering Jamie Molyneux’s header from close-range. 

Three minutes later, Pablo Haysham created himself enough space to get a shot away following some good work from Jimmy Oates down the left, but Haysham drilled his shot well over the crossbar from 18-yards.

In the 68th minute, the Bulls were awarded a free kick after Pablo Haysham was tripped just outside the area. Haysham stepped up to try his luck from 25-yards, firing the ball through the four-man wall and into the back of the net to further extend Hereford’s lead.

With 72 minutes on the clock, Jamie Molyneux came agonisingly close to getting his name on the scoresheet, but the ex-Westfields man saw his shot saved by the flailing arms of the keeper.

In the 89th minute, Pablo Haysham came close to a repeat of his earlier goal. After being fouled as he tried to break into the box, Haysham’s free kick was tipped over the bar by the keeper, with the resulting corner coming to nothing.

As the game entered stoppage time, Hereford did get a fourth goal courtesy of substitute Tristan Plummer. He was brought down by centre-back Will Wellow, with the Gogglebox star having little trouble in finding the top right-hand corner of the net from 12-yards.

FT: Hereford 4 – North Leigh 1
Att: 2,474
Sponsors' MotM: Pablo Haysham and Jamie Molyneux

Hereford: A. Harris, Oates, Edwards (c), Purdie, Preece, Fortune, Molyneux (Plummer – 75’), McGrath, Mills (Dinsley – 81’), Haysham, Symons.
Subs not used: Edge, Sinclair, Horsell.

North Leigh: Clayton, Lymn (Hole – 82’), James, Turk, Wellow, Sysum, Thomas (Roger – 46’), Williams (c), Seacole, Cook (Williams – 65’), Hopkins.
Subs not used: Gunn, Wyatt.

Next Game: Salisbury Away on Saturday 25th March at 3pm – all ticket