Next Game: Pre-Season Friendly - Melksham Town Away on Saturday 7th July

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Bideford 0-0 Hereford

Hereford manager Peter Beadle made one change for the trip to North Devon this afternoon. Clayton Fortune came into the squad for the suspended Ryan Green.

Hereford scored with their first attack of the game in the 8th minute but the goal was disallowed. Jimmy Oates's cross was volleyed home by Pablo Haysham but the ball was deemed as going out of play before Oates crossed.


It took a further 10 minutes for another Hereford chance as Mark Preece met a deep corner, only to head the ball over the goal. As Hereford pushed for the opening goal Preece had a couple of more chances but was unable to convert.

The final few minutes of the half saw Hereford have two further chances to open the score. The first fell to Joel Edwards but his rifled shot from just outside of the area took a deflection and went over the goal. The second chance fell to Mike Symons but his header was tipped away by the Bideford goalkeeper. 

Half Time: Bideford 0-0 Hereford

The first chance of the second half fell to Bideford as they came close with around 10 minutes gone. A few minutes later Haysham's shot was saved by the goalkeeper. 

As a quiet second half drew to a close Mills came close to scoring a late goal with just over 5 minutes left on the clock. Symons knocked the ball to John Mills, only for Mills to slice the ball over the goal. 

Full Time: Bideford 0-0 Hereford
Attendance: 625

Bideford: Joe Moore, Ian Sampson, Stephen Reid, Sean Dowing, Chris McGrath, Dan Harrison, Matty Bye, Chris McPhee, Kevin Squire (Dan Western 62), Billy Tucker (Nick Barker 90) and Matty Andrew (Ben Watson 71). Subs not used: Kai Fisher

Hereford: Alex Harris, Jimmy Oates, Joel Edwards, Rob Purdie, Mark Preece, Clayton Fortune, Jamie Molyneux (Tristan Plummer 76) , Mike McGrath, John Mills, Pablo Haysham and Mike Symons. Subs: Jake Sinclair, Jamie Edge, Bradley Williams and Martin Horsell