Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, February 19, 2017

We Caught Hereford On An Off Day Said Tumelty



Former Hereford FC player Joe Tumelty scored Larkhall's first goal in yesterday's 2-2 draw with Hereford.

Afterwards he spoke to BN.

"I think especially after going 1-0 and 2-1 down our reaction and to get back in the game I don't think many expected it from us but everyone in the changing room thought we had it in us, it's just probably everyone else watching didn't. Delighted.

"I missed one just before it, leading up to it. I thought I'd get one chance. Luckily the chance literally fell to me straight and thankfully it's gone in.

"I was fairly free but it just fell to me."

Did Larkhall have a game plan?

"I think recently since we've had new management we've tried to press as much as we can and win the ball back as high up as possible. And I think we did well today in terms of we pressed high up and made Hereford go long to an extent and we tried to control the game as best we can and look solid.

"They've got quality throughout, it's a ridiculous squad for this level.

"You've got to catch them on an off day to get something from the game which we obviously have today. Ideal for us."

Tumelty is at university until May but intends to continue to play football afterwards.