Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, January 01, 2017

Willets Stays At Alvechurch


As reported last week Jamie Willets has pledged his future to Alvechurch despite an offer to join Matt Bishop at Aberystwyth.

The former Hereford defender gave his reasons in an interview for Alvechurch TV.

"It was a tough decision, it was a very nice offer from Aberystwyth but I want to see the season out with Alvechurch," said Willets.

"Two months now and I've loved every single minute of it.

"I've got the buzz back, I come in on a Saturday and want to play football which I haven't had for a long time, no disrespect to Hereford.

"It was very tempting to go to Aberystwyth good money, good standard, carrot of Europa League, but I think the timing of it isn't right.

"I want to see the season out here, we'll revaluate it in May or June."