Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, January 28, 2017

We Deserved To Come Out On Top Said Beadle



Hereford manager Peter Beadle felt his side were comfortable winners over Tiverton this afternoon although after the first thirty minutes the performance from his players wasn't that fluid.

"I thought for half an hour we were really good," Beadle told the local media.

"And then I think maybe the incident on the touchline broke our momentum a little bit and then their goal was a poor goal defensively again from us.

"But after that I thought second half we huffed and puffed but we again we never looked really troubled, I'm sure it looked like that from the sideline, but when you go over the stats Alex has had the goal and one shot on target that's all they have had in the whole game.

"So although it was a bit more frantic second half and wasn't quite as fluid second half I thought we controlled the game and dealt with what was thrown at us pretty well.

"First half hour we were brilliant, like we were second half on Saturday, like we were second half against Taunton. The demand of the players now is can we do that over longer periods.

"The incident broke our momentum a little bit and that gave them their tails up and then they got their goal which gave them a little bit of a lift.

"They are a good side and you can't always have your own way for ninety minutes but that's we are trying to do and obviously they made it difficult with the way they played and we couldn't quite get our fluency going second half but we did enough to get the result."

Trevor Owens who interviewed Beadle said that he hadn't seem the touchline incidence in the first half.

"Just usual things," said Beadle.

"I think the intensity of the game and the type of game it was I think something was said. I reacted a bit in the wrong manner and there was a little bit of handbag stuff.

"I've apologised to the fellow in the dug-out and what we said I'm sure was wrong and he's apologised to me. We've walked away and shaken hands and I'm sure we will have a beer in the office in a minute.

"It was one of those things. In the heat of the moment you react. My reaction was wrong. I need to set better standards than that. It's what I ask from my players and I'll make sure I'll contribute to the 'Fine' pot for the players tomorrow.

"I think it was difficult for the people to get to grips with what happened as it happened so fast but it was over so fast as well.

"Not something we want to talk about because I though the game was a fairly decent spectical between two teams with contrasting styles of play and it was always going to be a game of attrition if you like and we came out on top and I thought we deserved to come out on top."