Next Game: Preseason Friendly - Newport County At Edgar Street on Saturday 21th July at 3.00pm

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Bishops Cleeve 0 – Hereford 4

Players Surround John Mills After He Scored Hereford's First Goal
Hereford rounded off 2016 with their 53rd win of the year in all competitions after putting four goals past Bishops Cleeve this afternoon.

Bulls Boss Pete Beadle made two changes to the side that eased past Yate Town 10 days ago, with Mark Preece and Rob Purdie starting in place of Clayton Fortune and Jamie Molyneux. Jamie Cuss returned to the squad following his injury as he was named on the bench.

With five minutes on the clock, Hereford had an early shot through John Mills after he was set up by Mike Symons, but the effort was well over Marc Wright’s crossbar.

Nine minutes later, Hereford were awarded a free kick on the right wing after Tristan Plummer was brought down by Jack Watts. Mike McGrath’s delivery into the area was cleared as far as Jimmy Oates, who forced the keeper into making a save low down to his right to prevent the visitors from taking the lead.

In the 19th minute Rob Purdie teed up John Mills with a neat pass from outside the area, but the Cleeve keeper denied Mills his 20th goal of the season with his feet.

Five minutes later the Bulls took the lead through John Mills. Hereford were awarded a free kick after Tristan Plummer was fouled, with Mills stepping up to try his luck from the edge of the area. Mills found the top right corner of the net, exquisitely curling the ball around the five-man wall and past the stationary goalkeeper.

A backpass and subsequent poor clearance by the Mitres meant Mills was then gifted the chance to add a second, but his right-footed shot was wide of the target.

But in the 32nd minute, Hereford did go two up. Aaron Drake diverted Tristan Plummer’s cross into the back of his own net, despite little pressure from Hereford.

Mike Symons Couldn't Quite Get To Tristan Plummer's Cross But

Cleeve's Arron Drake Did

Five minutes from half time, Jimmy Oates and Tristan Plummer combined effectively so the Austrailian could whip in a cross, but Rob Purdie’s volley cleared the crossbar.

HT: Bishops Cleeve 0 – Hereford 2

The first chance of the second half fell to Bishops Cleeve, captain Kirk Layton’s shot rose above Ryan Green, but Alex Harris was well-positioned to claim the ball.

Two minutes later Mills burst through the Mitres defence, but his ball was too far ahead of the sliding Mike Symons as he tried to turn the cross into the back of the net. A well-worked shot by Tristan Plummer followed, but the rising effort was too high to trouble the keeper.

Hereford continued to push for a third goal, firstly Mike Symons headed Joel Edwards’ cross wide of the post and then moments later Tristan Plummer stung the hands of the keeper with his right-footed effort.

The third goal came with 70 minutes on the clock courtesy of Rob Purdie. Gogglebox star Tristan Plummer played the ball back to the advancing Jimmy Oates who tried his luck from 16-yards. Goalkeeper Wright palmed Oates’ shot away, but Purdie was well-positioned at the far post to easily slot the ball into the back of the net with a right-footed finish.

12 minutes from time a loose ball fell to Jamie Edge outside the area, but his long-range effort was straight at the keeper.

John Mills was then booked for simulation in the dying stages of the game, but the marksman was on hand to provide the assist for the fourth goal of the afternoon. Mills’ overhead volley was met by a perfectly timed header from Mark Preece who scored his first goal in a Hereford shirt despite the keeper getting a touch.

John Mills' Overhead Kick Was Met By Mark Preece

Who Headed It Past The Cleeve Keeper

FT: Bishops Cleeve 0 – Hereford 4
Att: 1,365

Bishops Cleeve: Wright, Butler, Drake, Horrell (Bates – 52’), J Stoddart, Pates, Watts, Layton (c), Davidge, Price (Crowe – 75’), Baldwin (Hayes – 56’).
Subs not used: Hoskins, L Stoddart.

Hereford: A Harris, Oates, Edwards (c), Edge (Williams – 79’), Green (Barnes – 75’), Preece, Plummer (Cuss – 79’), McGrath, Mills, Purdie, Symons.
Subs not used: Molyneux, Horsell.

Next Game: Evesham United at Home on Monday 2nd January at 3pm