Next Game: Pre-Season Friendly - Melksham Town Away on Saturday 7th July

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Bridgwater Town 0 – Hereford 4

Hereford maintained their 10 point lead at the top of the table this afternoon after a comfortable 4-0 win at Bridgwater Town.

Hereford manager Pete Beadle made two changes to the starting XI that beat Shortwood 2-0 last weekend. Jimmy Oates and Tristan Plummer dropped to the bench to make way for Joel Edwards and Jamie Molyneux, both of whom played midweek against Holme Lacy.

The Bulls started the game brightly, putting pressure on Bridgwater’s defence from the first minute. An early free kick for the visitors was headed behind by Calum Laird, but Mike Symons couldn’t get enough on Pablo Haysham’s corner to beat teenage keeper Liam Kingston.

In the 13th minute Hereford were awarded a second free kick after Joel Edwards was fouled on the left wing. Haysham’s delivery beat the two-man wall before finding its way to Mike McGrath 12-yards out. The ex-Alvechurch man did well to hook the ball in via the underside of the crossbar to put Hereford in front.

Three minutes later Mike Symons doubled Hereford’s lead. With the hosts half clearing another free kick, the Bulls regained possession working the ball out to Rob Purdie on the left flank. Purdie’s cross into the area was met by the head of the onrushing Symons, who found the bottom right hand corner of the net.

Rob Purdie With The Cross That Mike Symons Converted Into A Goal

On the half hour mark, a neat through ball left Mills with just the keeper to beat. But a strong save from Kingston denied the Hereford marksman his 25th goal of the season, punching the ball wide for a fruitless corner.

Three minutes later it was once again Mills who had the chance to put the Bulls three goals ahead, but after twisting and turning his way into the box, his diagonal shot whistled wide of the upright.

In the 41st minute, Mike Symons and John Mills combined effectively, but Mills’ shot went well wide at the far post, sparing the backtracking Robins defence. Further chances for Hereford followed, first Mills saw his effort tipped over the bar, before Joel Edwards headed over from the corner.

Joel Edwards

Beadle was then forced into making a substitution before half time as John Mills was down struggling with his hamstring, he was replaced by Tristan Plummer.

HT: Bridgwater Town 0 – Hereford 2

Hereford came out after the break looking to build on a strong first half half performance. And after just two minutes, substitute Tristan Plummer increased Hereford’s lead.

Joel Edwards played a quick one-two with Pablo Haysham on the left from a throw before finding Plummer with a neat through ball. Plummer curled the ball in with a right-footed shot from the edge of the area past the static keeper for his fourth Hereford goal.

Plummer continued to cause problems for the Bridgwater defence, when ten minutes later he crossed the ball into the box from the touchline, but Ben Palmer reacted quickly conceding a corner. But after Mike Symons got on the end of Haysham’s delivery, the referee spotted an infringement on the Robins keeper, signalling for a free kick. 

In the 67th minute Pablo Haysham did well to beat the three-man wall with his free kick, but the effort went just wide of the post in front of the vocal Hereford support.

Mike Symons Is Rugby Tackled
However Pablo Haysham's Free Kick Is Just Wide

Chances for the Bulls dried up as the game entered the final 20 minutes, with Alex Harris in the Hereford goal having little to do.

In added time, Jamie Edge had a long-range shot agonisingly rattle of the upright after keeper Kingston was well-beaten.

But with seconds left, Jamie Molyneux added to the goal tally. A long ball was brought down by Mike Symons who, under pressure, quickly laid off to substitute Jake Sinclair. After finding Molyneux, he fired right-footed into the back of the net.

Jake Sinclair Watches As Jamie Molyneux Scores Hereford's Fourth Goal

FT: Bridgwater Town 0 – Hereford 4
Att: 754

Bridgwater Town: Kingston, Govier, Robinson, Coombes, Laird, Palmer, Morris, Horton (c), Andrews, Chamberlain, Camper.
Subs: Goodhall, Ripley, Horsey, Sinnott, Kellow.

Hereford: Harris, Green, Edwards (c), Purdie (Edge), Preece, Fortune, Molyneux, McGrath, Mills (Plummer – 44’), Haysham (Sinclair – 74’), Symons.

Subs not used: Oates, Huntbach.

Next Game: AFC Totton at Home on Saturday 26th November at 3pm