Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Disappointed Tiverton Manager Pleased With Performance


After yesterday's 1-1 draw between top two sides Hereford and Tiverton Town, Tivvy manager Martyn Rogers spoke to the Express & Echo.

"To be fair, it was a good game of football, and I felt we created enough chances to win the game," Rogers said.

"We didn't take those chances, so I was a little bit disappointed in the end, as we had two or three really good chances to finish Hereford off and win the game.

"We didn't do that and that was probably the only disappointing thing to come out the game, as I felt the boys were superb throughout.

"I was really pleased the performance."

As reported on BN previously, Bulls boss Pete Beadle felt his side were lucky to get a point out of the game.

"I had a good conversation with Peter Beadle after the game and he said to me that he thought his side were very fortunate to come away with a draw from the match," Tiverton's manager added.

"To be fair, I didn't really need him to tell me that, as I knew it, but it was nice for him to be so open and honest.

"I think the side is improving all the while, and the longer they play together, they are going to improve."

The full article can be read here (link).