Next Game: Forest Green Rovers at Home on Wednesday 25th July at 7.45pm

Sunday, August 28, 2016

South And West Weekend Review

Steve Whitney from Pitchero Non-League looks back at this weekend's results in the Southern League South and West.

The Bulls made it five wins from five games – fellow newcomers Barnstaple Town being their latest victims.
Hereford fans boosted the Mill Road crowd to a bumper 707 and the majority of those went home happy after goals from Mike Symons after 12 minutes and John Mills 8 minutes before the break.
Tiverton Town, Swindon Supermarine and Slimbridge all remain unbeaten after five games.
Tivvy inflicted a fourth defeat on Ian Saunders` Winchester City side on their own patch, with second half goals from Owen Howe, Jamie Price and a brace from Michael Landricombe – brother of striker Levi – doing the damage.
A pre-match thunderstorm caused `Marine`s home game against Shortwood United to be postponed, while Slimbridge drew for a third time, 2-2 at home against a Wantage Town side for whom this was just a second point of the campaign to date.
Todd Hathaway gave the Alfredians a 9th minute lead that Harvey Scholes doubled 8 minutes later.
But Liam Orchard on 21 minutes and John Cant 10 minutes later restored parity.

Bishops Cleeve recorded their first win of the season, handing visiting AFC Totton`s fourth defeat by the odd goal in five.
Aaron Drake gave Cleeve a 23rd minute lead that Ben Hayes added to in the 37th minute.
Neil Williams reduced the deficit 5 minutes before the break and then the sides swapped last-gasp goals – Ieuan Crowe for the hosts and Adam Pearson for the Stags.
Another fancied side, Sydenhams Football League (Wessex) champions Salisbury FC enjoyed a third win to date, 2-1 at the Raymond McEnhill Stadium in front of 478 against Mangotsfield United.
The Mangos led through loanee Olly Mehew`s 15th minute opener right until as minutes from time when Elliott Wheeler equalised and then Kane O`Keefe won it for Steve Claridge`s side 4 minutes from time.
Wimborne Town won for a fourth time in impressive fashion, 3-0 at Yate Town.
Stefan Penny after 18 minutes and then Toby Holmes 5 minutes after the break and Jamie Stokoe 4 minutes later sealed the Magpies win.
North Leigh enjoyed a good win at relegated Paulton Rovers by the same scoreline.
Jamie Cook bagged a brace in the 46th and 61st minutes, with Stuart Hole making sure with a third 18 minutes from time.
Ollie Chamberlain settled the Somerset derby in injury-time in Taunton Town`s favour at Wordsworth Drive against Bridgwater Town in front of a crowd of 379.
But there were no goals at the Loop Meadow Stadium between Didcot Town and Larkhall Athletic.
Evesham United beat relegated Bideford 2-0 at The Spiers & Hartwell Jubilee Stadium with goals from Paul Fahy after 33 minutes and Elliot Kennedy 6 minutes after the break.