Next Game: Pre-Season Friendly - Melksham Town Away on Saturday 7th July

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Hereford 3-2 Mangotsfield

Hereford welcomed Mangotsfield United to Edgar Street last night for the first home match in the Southern League South and West division. New signing Tristan Plummer was the only change to the line up from Saturday as he replaced Joe Tumelty. A welcome sight was Ryan Green, who returned to the Hereford bench.

It was the perfect start for Hereford as they took the lead inside 2 minutes as Aaron Birch found himself with some space to get a shot away to beat Phillips in the field goal. 

Aaron Birch Scored Hereford's First Goal

The lively start by the Bulls continued as a few minutes later Pablo Haysham volleyed over. The away side started to get chances to draw level but as they headed over from a corner and then another shot went just over the cross bar. Just over half way through the first half the Mangos got the equalising goal as Morgan met a free kick with his head and beat Horsell in the Hereford goal. 

Hereford continued to press as the half entered the final stages and did have a couple of chances before the half ended. Ross Staley fired a shot over and then a shot from Rob Purdie was saved well from Phillips, who then deal with the follow up from Haysham. 

Half Time: Hereford 1-1 Mangotsfield

Hereford started the second in similar fashion as the first and within a few minutes of the restart following some good build up play Haysham's shot saved by Phillips. Hereford continued to push for a goal with Haysham shooting over and Plummer having a shot saved.

Just after the hour mark John Mills entered the field and within 7 minutes of coming on he put Hereford back in the lead as he cut slotted the ball home. 

Jimmy Oates With The Pass To John Mills

Who Then Scored Hereford's Second Goal

The Mangos sensed the game wasn't over and within 2 minutes of Hereford scoring they equalised through Powell who directed a shot goalwards and past Martin Horsell. 

As the game entered the final stages both sides were still battling for the winning edge and it was Hereford got it. A strong and powerful header from Willets as he rose to meet a Purdie freekick beat the goalkeeper and into the side of the goal to make it 3-2. 

Jamie Willets Heads Home The Winning Goal

Both sides continued to push as the clock ran down the final moments of the games but it was Mills who could of finished the game off in the final moments but his shot curled wide. 

Full time: Hereford 3-2 Mangotsfield United
Attendance: 2,593 (25 away fans)
Man of the match: Jamie Willets

Jamie Willets Was Hereford's Man Of The Match
Hereford: Martin Horsell, Jimmy Oates, Joel Edwards, Rob Purdie, Chris Barker, Jamie Willets, Tristan Plummer (Jamie Edge 81), Aaron Birch, Ross Staley (John Mills 61), Pablo Haysham and Mike Symons. Subs not used: Jamie Cuss, Joe Tumelty and Ryan Green.

Mangotsfield: Phillips, Withey, Evans, Warren, Brice, Harris, Hogg, Abraham, Monell, Powell and Morgan. Subs: Bath, Groves, Fry, Rose and Batten