Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Ammonds Steps Down from Commercial Manager Role


The club has announced this evening that Chris Ammonds, known affectionally as Stig, is set to leave his role as commercial manager at Edgar Street.

Stig will focus his on building his own business, Zebra Media & Communications, whilst still remaining in a consultancy role at the club.

Chris Ammonds
Speaking to the OS, Ammonds wished the club the best of luck for next season, as he watches from the stands with his son Freddie.

"This has been a difficult decision to make as it has been a privilege to work here at Edgar Street for such a professional group of people and a brilliant set of fans.

"However, looking at the wider picture, I have no doubt that a return to my principal interest, a career in PR, media and communications, is the right decision for me and my family, while I also feel it’s time for someone else to come in and drive the commercial side of the club forward.

"I am going to remain involved behind the scenes and will continue to work with Chief Executive, Ken Kinnersley, and the Board of Directors as and when my help is required. I’m really pleased to retain this involvement as clearly the club is very close to my heart.

"I’d like to thank everyone I’ve had dealings with over the past 14 months – supporters and sponsors alike – for the fantastic support and help they have offered myself and the club, and really hope that the momentum and enthusiasm there is for Hereford FC continues long-term.

"Although the name is slightly different, this remains the club I have supported for more than 30 years and therefore I want nothing but the best for it.

"With that in mind I’d like to wish Pete, Jenks, Roger, Jonny and all the playing staff all the very best for the 2016/17 season and I’m already very much looking forward to taking up my seat in the stands and supporting the lads with my son, Freddie, every week."