Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Wedding And Wembley For Kingsley James


Kingsley James
Former Hereford United midfielder Kingsley James will be very busy this weekend. According to the Barnsley Chronicle on Saturday he is getting married to Emily and on Sunday he will be in the Halifax side in the FA Trophy.

"It's going to be a memorable weekend, that's for sure", laughed James, who has also played for Chester, Hereford United and Port Vale.

"We got engaged in September and I picked the date for the middle of May for the wedding because regardless of the play-offs all the football is usually done by then.

"When I had a look at the FA Trophy we still had a load of rounds to get through but after the Gateshead game (a 5-4 penalty shootout win after a 3-3 draw after extra time) in March I thought us getting to the final was meant to be.

"The manner of the victory made me think we would make it to the final.
 

"I think she's a bit disappointed that I won't be able to enjoy myself as much as I would be able to if there wasn't a game.
 
"I think about seventy percent of those who are going to the wedding will be going to Wembley as well so it's going to be a great weekend for everybody.

"I'm getting married to the love of my life that weekend so whatever the result is at Wembley I'll be celebrating.

"Playing in the FA Trophy final, for players at our level, with no disrespect, is likely to be the highlight of your career. It's an unbelievable achievement."