Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Friday, May 13, 2016

Ellen Says Thank You


Hereford FC volunteer Ellen Watkins recently completed the Hereford Half Marathon.

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I successfully completed the Hereford Half Marathon in just under 3 hours. It was really hot and I appreciated all the support along the way.

I did it in memory of my dear friend who died, just two years ago, and who made me realise that life is far too short to have regrets and that life is for living.

I am now living, and loving, every minute of every day of my life. I am blessed to have such an amazing family who have stood by me over the last few years when life was pretty tough and who now seem to like the Wife and Mum I have become!

Thank you for my long suffering friends who have lived and breathed this run over the last few months. But most of all I thank my amazing personal trainer, Rob Purdie, who has worked with me since last May, when I could only run 2 minutes on the treadmill at 4 km per hour, for encouraging me to achieve my target.

But the best thing about this whole experience is that I have raised in excess of £2300.00 for St.Michael’s Hospice and Herefordshire Multiple Sclerosis Support Trust – two charities which are so close to my heart.

I am eternally grateful to you all.

THANKS AND LOVE TO YOU,

Ellen x