Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Beadle Talks About Yesterday's Referee

Referee Scott Chalkley

In his post match interview Hereford FC manager Peter Beadle was asked by Keith Hall what he opinion was about the referee.

"It's a hard enough job for anybody," said Beadle.

"I thought the penalty first half wasn't one, I thought the one he didn't give second half was. That was more of a penalty than the first one.

"The referee didn't effect it too much because we had enough chances to win the game anyway.

"I can't complain about him, we're all going to have opinions about him - I thought he was weak or he was poor or he gave a lot against us.

"I thought he did second half, not so much first half.

"He gave a fair amount against us second half which I questioned - was that as bad a foul as some of the others and then there were others going the other way he didn't quite give.

"The one thing I try with all the players is to take away all excuses. The referee and officials aren't an excuse. You can't use them as an excuse unless he gives four penalties or disallows four of your goals.

"There's no excuses today for the way we played, it was just one of those days."