Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Has Beadle Gone Blue?


 Hereford FC manager Peter Beadle appears to have ditched his red cap from last season for a blue one. Is that anything to do with football or perhaps politics?

Twelve Months Ago
"The blue cap goes with the blue jumper and blue jeans, so that's all it is" explained Beadle.

BN - We got so used to you with that red cap.

"I know, I know.

"It became a great focus and I think it was a nice distraction because it took a bit of pressure off and everyone was talking about the cap.

"The cap will still be there next year, I don't know what colour it might be and it might vary throughout the season.

"I had two caps in my bag last season and whenever I had a game it always the red one I was wearing.

"It wasn't done deliberately, it was just the way it was.

Yesterday At Edgar Street
"You do things and you want people to latch on, grab hold of things.

"May be like the successful youth team, everyone was talking about the youth team.

"Once people grab hold of it they don't want to let go of it.

"Whether it be a red cap, a black and white scarve, a white shirt, people come to this football club for one reason and that's the football.

"Any other little thing that goes with it is a bonus and the cap was completely accidental. It was never meant to be a focal point.

"But it turned out to be and it turned out to be a lucky one.

"Let's wait and see what happens next season and what colour it may be."