Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Fans Team Player Pulls On The Gloves


This from HUST:

“Poochi” Van Poetsch, one of the regulars for the Fans Team, has restarted his boxing career with a little help from HUST.

The Lydney based middleweight will wear shorts bearing the HUST logo as he plies his trade across the country.
poochi2
The 24 year old Light Middleweight had spent the summer wearing the HUST badge on his shirt on the football pitch, but had the badge on his shorts in London last week when he stepped up the weight classes and took on unbeaten Super Middleweight Darryll Williams.
He admits taking challenging fights to test himself, telling the press in January after taking on British and Commonwealth title challenger Curtis Woodhouse: “Curtis told me that when his promoter Dave Coldwell rang up to tell him who I was and that I’d been to Afghanistan he said: ‘Well, I’m not going to frighten him, am I?’ On paper he’s leagues ahead of me but I gave him plenty to think about in the first three or four rounds. But I broke my nose early on and that hampered my breathing.”
Poochi served in Afghanistan with his Rifles regiment. His next outing is scheduled for December 20th in Hull to take on another Super Middleweight.