Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Roberts Speaks On Filming


This from Martin Roberts, who interviewed a number of people at matches on Tuesday and Wednesday:

Just to put any concerned minds at rest, I came to Hereford FC at the request of a friend and Hereford fan, to see if I could do anything to help the painful  situation it finds itself in.

I was not invited by the current management. I was filming in Birmingham this last week, so it made sense to try to get to a game and see what was going on for myself.

I wasn't aware of the complexities until I got there on Tuesday.
I brought my camera along with a view to making a taster for a possible independent documentary about what's going on. I'm doing this 'off my own bat' and it may come to nothing.

However ANY documentary would have to be balanced, with all sides given the chance to put their point of view, otherwise it would not be transmitted. Therefore I need to talk to anyone who has been part of recent events with the club. I filmed the match on Tuesday. I chatted with people there. I then went to the game against Kidderminster on Wednesday and filmed the supporters there. I also chatted to Martin Watson to hear his views.

I’d be delighted to speak to anyone else who would like to contribute, or anyone you think I should talk to. I’m hoping to return to Hereford next week and speak to the council and people from the local newspaper.

I think it would be in the interest of the club to get the story out to as many people as possible, and I might be able to help with that.
I can understand why my being there at the ground on Tuesday caused a flurry of internet rumours. But you should not worry. I’m neither biased towards any party or there with a hidden agenda. And for the avoidance of doubt the ground is NOT going to be sold 'Under the Hammer' !!!

Martin