Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Thursday, August 07, 2014

Club Historian Parrott Ends Service


Ron Parrott has approached Bulls News and offered the following statement:-

I have been following my beloved Hereford United for over 55 years now and during this time I have served the Club in many and diverse roles. I have walked, run, climbed and cycled to raise funds many times during their hours of need and dipped my hand in my pocket more times than I care to remember! I ran the Club Shop for several years, I have been a regular contributor to the match day programme and have been running the Programme Subscription Service for the last 30 years!

Over the last few weeks, I have done much soul-searching and it is with great regret that I have decided not to continue with the programme subscription service this season. I would like to take this opportunity of apologising to all my subscribers, whom I feel I am letting down but I would like to think that they will share my sentiments.

The final day at Aldershot was one of my all-time highs as a United fan and to see it all thrown away in the events of the last few weeks has impossible to bear. As far as I am concerned, my Club died the day that this new regime took charge and David Keyte will be consigned to history along with other notorious rogues and traitors such as Guy Fawkes.

As regards the way ahead, I refuse to support anything that may help the new regime of transient interlopers and firmly believe that our best hope lies in starving them out in a war of attrition. I have long been a firm believer in the Supporters’ Trust taking an active role in the future running of our Club and would urge all supporters not only to join up but to back their boycott of all events at Edgar Street.

This is the way forward and much as it may hurt on a Saturday afternoon, we have to be firm and one day, inevitably, the Club will be ours again! 

WE WANT OUR CLUB BACK!