Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"I would actually like Mr Keyte to put the club up for sale for £1"


"The losses for the year ending April 2013 were the worst in the club's history"

BBC Hereford and Worcester's Trevor Owens told listeners this morning about last night's meeting, while regular match commentator Keith Hall pulled no punches with his view on the situation:

"I would actually like Mr Keyte to put the club up for sale for £1, write his debts off, walk away and at least give the club some hope for the future. To try and raise £300,000 to get through between here until May is almost going to be an impossibility."

Trevor Owens responded: "I don't see David Keyte doing that. He's invested more money than anyone in recent years. To ask him to simply write off a figure that would be well in excess of £600,000 is a big ask."

Keith Hall continued: "Mistakes have been made, Football League status has been lost. I understand all of that, I understand the lack of funding. What I don't understand is, from a management accountant perspective, how you can let a business get into this position."