Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, November 03, 2013

Halloween Fright Night


Occasional contributor Chloecat reviews the past week:

As a gentle and now somewhat elderly but still very pretty tabby and white cat, Halloween doesn’t do much for me, unlike my black cat cousins who relish the opportunity to live up to their somewhat unfair reputation.  So I spent the night in, curtains closed, lights off, in front of the television, and settled down to watch Hereford play Salisbury Town.  I’m told Hereford tend to do quite well on the telly, but within 15 minutes I had my back to the screen as my owner watched on in horror at the Halloween fright night unfolding in front of her.  She tells me that Hereford were a little unfortunate – the second Salisbury goal was deflected in and the third had an element of handball about it, and that to concede 2 goals in the last minutes of a game gives the score a somewhat skewed look about it, but even so it wasn’t pretty.

She was also at Hornchurch on Saturday and that wasn’t pretty either.  What’s going wrong?  Well obviously confidence is low, the goals aren’t going in, and once they concede Hereford struggle to come back.  The language off the bench on Saturday was not fit for delicate ears, but the frustration felt by the management team is understandable.  Hornchurch played with 10 men for most of the second, but apparently you couldn’t tell.  Some players aren’t doing as well as had been hoped or expected.  My owner was so excited on 10th August, now she just looks scared.

So what is to be done – as a mere moggy I have no idea, and neither does my owner.  But I do know that she will abandon me on a regular basis to follow her passion for Hereford, that she expects others to do the same and that the only way we’ll get out of it is by sticking together.  Apparently I’m to be left on my own next weekend as she travels to some place called Burton on Trent for some competition called the FA Cup, apparently it is very important. Will you be there?

Chloecat