Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Curzon Ashton On Saturday 19th October at 3.00pm

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Davids Eager To Develop


Barnet boss Edgar Davids has completed his first year in charge of the Bees, and is still looking to improve as a coach.

The Dutch legend comes to Edgar Street on Saturday vowing to become a better manager after winning just one of his last nine games, telling the local press: “I am still very positive about my development as a coach but it is important for me that the players improve because some of them can go and play higher up.

“I hope I can give them the guidance to excel and then maybe one day they will be playing at the top in the Premier League.”

Davids will miss Saturday's game as a player, meaning he will be unable to be on the pitch for the anniversary of his first playing outing for the Bees. 12 months ago he made his playing debut for the Bees, inspiring them to a 4-0 win over Northampton. However he has been limited to 33 games during the year due mainly to disciplinary problems.

Sunday's red card was his third for the Bees, with 10 more yellow cards, and he explained his latest infraction to the press, which he admitted was worthy of a red card: “I’ve got the ball and he wanted to get it off me. I was just a little bit too eager to hold onto the ball and he ran into my elbow."

Davids will also be without midfielder Curtis Weston for the trip West, after the 26 year old suffered severe cuts to his shin and calf in Sunday's game with Wrexham.