Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Beast Released From Carlisle


Former Bulls striker Mathieu Manset is one of seven to be released from Carlisle.

The Beast joined them as a free agent in March, making seven sub appearances in total without scoring but was credited with an assist. His longest appearance was his last, a 37 minute outing against Colchester.

Meanwhile, his former Bulls strike partner Stuart Fleetwood has told the Luton press he was not too surprised to be released this summer:

“I was on good money and I knew that the Luton budget might be changing. Obviously I would have loved to stay but I was prepared for it.”

“I think my goal record was still good. John (Still) is looking for a different type of player and he took me aside and said that I wasn’t going to be offered anything.

“But I don’t have a problem with it.”


Meanwhile, Fulham boss Martin Jol says he will release former Bulls loanee Richard Peniket this summer. The 20 year old former Walsall trainee had to wait 22 senior appearances, including seven at Edgar Street, for his first senior goal during his loan at Telford. He ended the season at Farnboro, where he scored twice in four games.

Another striker leaving his club is Nick Chadwick, who has been transfer listed by Plymouth. Now 30, Chadwick netted three times in six games on loan prior to a permanent deal in January 2012, but scored just three more in 44 subsequent League appearances.

Also searching for a new club is Guillem Bauza. The Spaniard, 26, started just 16 League games in two seasons with Exeter, making 30 further sub appearances.