Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

There's Next Season says Lawley


 John Lawley talking to Stuart Fleetwood at already relegated Torquay in 2007


John Lawley has been watching Hereford United since the second world war. He's also been the kitman at the club and still works as a volunteer.

After Saturday's match he spoke to BBC H&W's Carson Wishart.

Lawley said he was absolutely devastated at the Bulls being relegated.

"It's been an horrendous season with results going against us particularily at home.

"Conceeding late goals has cost us heavily.

"Today it was bad that we had to rely on someone else.

"We did the job today and I think everyone will agree we did quite a business-like job. However it didn't prove good enough.

"There's next season and we're ready to come back.

"We've had the highs and we've had the lows.

"The highs over the years I've been with the club, no one can take those memories away from us and I just hope they'll return next season.

"I started supporting the Bulls when I used to travel in from Ledbury just after the war when we had some wonderfull players here.

"We were one of the leading non-league clubs. We were the Manchester United of non-league football in those days.

"If there was a good non-league player about Leonard Weston - he made sure that we had him. 

"I don't think I've missed any of the big games and I can vividly remember a lot of those big games as if they had only taken place a couple of days ago."