Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, May 21, 2012

Jamer Would Like To Join 'Local' Club

Tony James is disappointed to be leaving Burton Albion after five years but not surprised. Now he would like to find a club closer to his home in Hereford.

 "I was half expecting it, but it was still not great news because I'm not used to being out of contract," James told the Burton Mail.

"I'm certainly not leaving the club with any regrets because I had a brilliant five years there.

"However if I'm honest, having to make the 200 mile round trip several times a week is not something I'm going to miss. 

"I want to keep playing as long as I can, but I definitely prefer to find a club more local to me."

According to the paper James wouldn't mind returning to Edgar Street but feels there are problems there at present.

"They're in turmoil at the moment from what I can gather.

"The manager, Richard O'Kelly, and all the staff have gone, so I'm not quite sure what's going to happen there."